Címkék

2019. június 17., hétfő

Windsor


This postcard marks my first major trip abroad without any parental control :)
There were organized school trips every spring to the United Kingdom and when I was 11 years old, my parents sent me to one of these. I was very happy and it became a very sweet memory.
We traveled to England by bus and we visited all the places with the same vehicle. Our accomodation was in the so-called mobile home caravans, which have very thin cardboard walls and the whole thing is very cramped. The only heating is in the living room so you'd definitely freeze all night long. But it has a romantic atmosphere anyways :)

I was not into postcards very much that time, but even though I bought four pieces for myself. One is from Windsor, to where I've returned later. Windsor is a historic market town 35 kilometers from London, famous for the royal residence, the Windsor Castle. It has an adjacent park where you can chill out in good weather. Windsor is a nice little town to walk, it is worth to visit if you happen to be in England.
Clockwise from top left: Swans on the River Thames, Windsor Castle, Windsor Bridge and Saint George's Chapel with guards standing in the foreground.

Date: April 2001

1 megjegyzés:

  1. Bring your schedule with you. Use this as a reminder when needed. Some of the things that you do will cause you stress. That can make you forget what has to happen after that. Keeping your list with you at all times can make a world of difference in these situations. satta king play bazaar

    VálaszTörlés