Címkék

2017. március 14., kedd

Milano

Left column: the entrance of Castello Sforza, the fountain in front of the Castello and the Teatro alla Scala.
Center column: Duomo by night and the entrance of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle II from the rooftop of the Duomo. Right column: Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle II, the interior of the Galleria and the bull mosaic

This postcard was sent by me upon my arrival to my new home for a year. I went on Erasmus exchange to Milan, Italy. Initially it was supposed to be only one semester but I enjoyed it so much I extended the scholarship for the entire academic year.

By that time I'd known Italy pretty much: I learnt Italian, I travelled around the country, been to Rome three times but I had a blank space in my knowledge and it was this city 'cause I'd never been there before.
I was very excited to arrive, my father drove me by car and helped me moving there. I had a picture in mind how Milan would look like, I was expecting the typical Italian streets and atmosphere which I'd had seen before. In the contrary, we've arrived to a city which looks much more like my hometown Budapest. I realized the Habsburg Monarchy and the vicinity of the Northern bordering countries made their impact on the urban landscape of Milan so much it became a non-typical Italian metropolis.

Though the city has vibe and charm and I'll always like it because I spent a very good year here making lot of dear friends with who we're still in touch and every now and then visiting each other :)

I can tell it was a very abundant year regarding postcard collecting 'cause Erasmus people do travel alot :)

Date: October 2012

3 megjegyzés:

  1. It was a wonderful and busy year of you! You are really lucky and I a little bit jealous.

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a blog adminisztrátora.

    VálaszTörlés

  3. play bazaar Write content that will do well for long periods of time. Make sure that your content will be valuable both now and years from now. You want to engage the reader, even if they are seeing your article long after it was written. If your older articles are not too dated and hold the reader's interest, they will encourage your audience to seek out your newer work, which keeps them on your site and engaged.play bazaar

    VálaszTörlés